Invest in Children Programs & Services
Each of Invest in Children’s goals is pursued through a number of service strategies for children, from prenatal to the start of kindergarten. These strategies focus on better preparing our children to enter school ready to learn, and in good mental and physical health. Each of the programs is administered by lead agencies and implemented through partnerships with community-based organizations.
Our Goals and Programs
Effective Parents and Families
- Offering Home Visiting Services to families with children under the age of five
- Offering consultation and treatment services to children under the age of six who experience social emotional concerns through the Early Childhood Mental Health Program
- Providing home-based Early Literacy Services for three and four year olds
Safe and Healthy Children
- Offering a Newborn Home Visit from a registered nurse to low income/high risk families
- Supporting case management and home visiting services to pregnant moms until their baby reaches age two.
Children Prepared for School
- Establishing a quality early care and education system through professional development, training and technical assistance to center based and family child care home providers
- Helping child care programs provide the appropriate care and support to children with special needs through the Special Needs Child Care Program
- Offering an evidence –based Universal Pre-kindergarten Program to qualifying children, ensuring a successful start in kindergarten and beyond